Thursday, May 28, 2009

Successful Garage Sale - Day 1

It was Bill's shift for the garage sale today. He unloaded lots of extra furniture - chairs, roll top desk, dressers, hutches, tables, the lawnmower and the buffet serving cabinet. The stationary exercise bike left the garage too. Craft stuff was sold so I'm packing up more to sell on Saturday. Bill even sold the neighbor's tricycle within 15 minutes of drop off and delivered the consignment money to G across the street all in the same afternoon.

Bill had Sarah's help late morning and early afternoon and they reported the ongoing results throughout the day. I would say it was a very successful day. Having a garage sale with the neighborhood is certainly the way to do it.

I have the Saturday shift with a couple of friends and we will see if we can do as well. I still have books, DVDs, glassware more craft items - cheap. I'll be pricing and setting up what's left Friday evening after work so hope to have a better idea of Saturday items soon.

UPDATE: I have my new e-mail address in my profile so you can get my new e-mail address from there even if you prefer not to leave a comment on the blog. Of course, I have the right to delete any e-mailers I do not know.

3 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

sounds like a great day.. good for u guys!

Emily said...

What a success! I can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes.

And my mom and I also can't wait to help you virtually decorate the new place - we're experts at reusing the stuff you already own to make a place feel new and cozy.

Melissa said...

Nick and I will be there at some point Saturday...maybe even look thru the stacks of books you have to get rid of!